Do you like helping others? Employers have openings for people who want to do the important work of supporting adults who have special needs.
To prepare candidates for employment as a Direct Support Professional, Optonome has developed a free direct support professional certification program (DSP123) based on state Regulations currently available in Pennsylvania.
How will this program help me?
- You will gain valuable professional skills that employers want right now, at minimal cost to you!
- You will stand out from most other job applicants who don’t have this training and are not certified.
- You will be matched up with employers in your local area that will pay you more than average per hour to start and many opportunities to earn more!
What will I be qualified and certified to do?
- Work as a direct support professional for adults who have special needs such as autism or intellectual disabilities
- Give medication and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Use exciting new “smart” technologies that help you provide better care for adults with special needs
How long is the program?
You complete the first 90% of the trainings online at your own pace, using any computer or smartphone with Internet access. The final trainings are given on site based on your location. You receive one-on-one instruction and hands-on practice in using technology, administering medication and performing CPR.
What credentials will I receive?
When you successfully complete the required trainings and pass the final exam, you will receive Medication Administration Training certification, CPR certification and DSP123 certification. Employers value these skills. That’s why they may pay a higher wage to direct support professionals who are certified.
What are the requirements to enroll?
- You earned a high school diploma or GED
- You pass a standard background check
- You receive a negative TB test