Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) dates back to 1998 as explained in Wikipedia and was patented and invented by a nurse who also is a technologist, entrepreneur and Home Health Care Consultant and Domain Expert. In 1996 Michelle Boasten, RN designed and created the first clinical documentation information system for Home Health, Home Care, and Hospice . Twenty years later mass adoption of electronic visit verification is underway and smartphones and 4G networks are making it possible. With CMS efforts to fight Medicaid fraud and overpayments, we believe states should have an open system allowing 3rd party vendors like Optonome to continue to build solutions helping providers submit information securely to state’s EVV vendors and allow support professionals, families, advocates and most importantly individuals receive value-based healthcare and assistance in remote locations.
Our founder and CEO, Dennis Dicker, a serial entrepreneur, patent examiner for paperless technologies and computer engineer invests in real estate decided to use his business acumen to serve a disadvantaged population. First he conducted research to select a population that is under-served and faces problems he thinks he can fix. Then he set up a company to serve that population: adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or Intellectual Disabilities (ID). He then obtained the necessary licensure and insurance certification to provide comprehensive services and 24-hour residential care for Medicaid participants. He closely examined every problem, created technology-enhanced solutions, tested them and perfected them.
One of the enhanced solutions tried and tested includes EVV to help document location information along with any medical-related tasks. Optonome allows anyone to create HIPAA compliant channels and make sure anyone interested in accessing stored medical data are authorized and at a known location. Once in a known location, authorized users are able to access documentation and healthcare history using our easy to use Form builder to document signatures, text, pictures, audio or any other requirement specific for that individual with searching capabilities to find anything. Each time a form is submitted, time, date and location are stamped along with an individuals mood, staff data, and provider information. See Fig. 1 and Fig. 2.
Our form options allow any healthcare provider to quickly create customized EVV forms and push them out to staff in less than 5 minutes! Easily customized for your state! Create an EVV form today and customize to individual support plans and state regulations. With Optonome you can easily set up an individuals receiving services and keep all communication, forms, ongoing documentation, courses completed, proof of compliance, staff information, support plan information, timesheets and location data in a single location.
Here are some suggestions when creating your form based on CMS and state requirements using Optonome (See Fig. 3 and Fig. 4)
- Type of service provided
- (Use form option “Select” form option giving the staff the ability to select from a list of services to be provided as displayed in ISP)
- Individual receiving the service
- Information automatically entered by submitting the EVV form in the individual’s channel and/or by adding a “signature” option in the EVV form – See Creating Paperless Forms on adding a signature form option.
- Individual providing the service
- Date of the service
- Time and Date stamps are automatically added at the point of submitting the form in the channel
- Location of the service delivery
- Location stamps are automatically added at the point of submitting the form in the channel
- Time the service begins and ends
- Automatic – Timesheets are automatically created separately in a separate form with start time and end time of service and saved in the channel.
- Manually entered by creating a “text” form option allowing the user to enter a start time and end time of service.
Email us email@example.com