Channels are created to communicate: healthcare information, behavioral data, financial transactions, pictures with friends, moments with family members, emergency situations, meetings, healthcare needs, event updates and anything else you can think of!
There are two ways to create channels
- By accessing section 4 of your team settings
- By accessing the curtain from any channel screen which we will go over in this post.
Step 1 – Go to your channel screen from the dashboard as shown in Fig. 1.
Step 2 – Click on the curtain to view channel options as shown in Fig. 2.
Step 3 – View channel options in open curtain as shown in Fig. 3. You may access a member list, invite users, create a new channel and view channels of teams.
Step 4 – Click on “New Channel” as shown in Fig. 4
Step 5 – Edit new channel settings as shown in Fig. 5. Your options are as follows
- Channel Name
- Pick which team to associate with the new channel
- Rollup Channel – Ability to group channels for easy searching (Coming Soon)
- Channel type(s)
- HIPAA Compliant: Members entering the channel to verify their location is within1969 feet/ 600 meters/.3 of a mile before accessing the channel with more accurate location verification if the user makes an update in the channel. Ex. Healthcare Information or Financial transactions
- Invite: Members can access the channel from anywhere with an invite without a need to verify location. Ex. Any messaging between family, friends, contractors, businesses, events attendees, managing documents, sharing forms for completion with temporary users (most used).
- Public with GPS: Anyone registered in Optonome.com can search and view the channel if they are within 1969 feet/ 600 meters/.3 of a mile of the location you enter. Ex. Live event or meeting updates, neighborhood updates or emergencies exclusive to people within 1 mile.
- Public without GPS: Anyone registered in Optonome.com can view the channel. Ex. customer service for small businesses, share events and updates of business to the world, share birthdays or random events.
- Address – Used to verify users in HIPAA compliant and public with GPS channels.
Step 6 – Click on “Create” button to create the channel. You may create as many as you like following Steps 1-5. Click the blue “Done” button when finished to go back to the channel screen.